The Ninja Attitude
- “I don’t know how you get so much done.”
- “Why do you need three computer screens?”
- “What do you mean, hack a moleskine notebook?”
- Unsubscribing from blogs with “habits” in their name.
- Taking some time out to focus on the big picture (even if that means letting the emails pile up for a while).
- Remembering that “fun” isn’t usually found on a to-do list.
The Pirate Attitude
- “I don’t mean to rush you, but you said we could have it three months ago…”
- “Is that ethical? Is that even legal?”
- “You %&*$!”
- Being willing to put in hard work for future, rather than immediate, monetary reward.
- Focusing on good relationships with customers, clients and co-workers. (It’ll pay off in the long run.)
- Thinking about your values. Are you really only driven by profit at all costs?
The Zombie Attitude
- “This is a bit of a boring job, but I know you won’t mind.”
- “You’ve been working here for twenty years?”
- “What’s your name again?”
- Waking up! Your work should be something that you’re passionate about (at least most of the time).
- Thinking about what you really enjoy in life. What makes you feel fulfilled?
- Taking a big step outside your comfort zone: quit your job, go travelling, live life.